Re: Oil Pastels/Baby Oil

---------

From: Christa Wise (cwise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 05:00:58 PST

BTW, the dollar store is an excellent source for both Q-Tips and Baby Oil.
The cost is way less than anything you buy elsewhere. I know this has been
said before, but we use Baby Oil to clean up after etching and oil painting
-- no more paint thinner. Vegetable oil works too, but baby oil smells so
much better.
Christa

At 10:20 PM 11/21/02 -0600, you wrote:
> I think 2nd graders might be abit young for this technique - I did it
>with both 5th and 6th. 6th grade came out awesome, 5th was alright but not
>as good. I had them dip just the tip in the oil and then roll it on the
>side of the cup. We occasionally would pick up our paper to see if it was
>leaking thru. ~Michal
>I did it once with q-tips in second grade. Frankly, I didn't like the
>result. Maybe the younger kids had too heavy a hand with the oil. Janet

leave-artsednet-7600Y@lists.getty.edu

---