RE: Computer rules

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 18:06:35 PST

Your school should have an Acceptable use policy, that should outline
basic rules.

Mine are (Elementary)
1. Never give out your name or other personal information
2. Use the class log in for sites that require them
3. Educational sites only No sports sites for the boys, no band/singer
sites for the girls unless given permission before hand (I had some boys
writing compare contrast papers that involved sports they were allowed
to go to specific sites get stats and proper spellings of names of
players)
4. They must use a child friendly search engine - unless I'm directly
supervising them then they can use Google especially the advance search
site.
5. Report any accidental access of inappropriate sites immediately.
6. If you see any inappropriate sites in the history,- report it
immediately. (Students sometimes use the pull down menu to find a site
they have been to previously)
7. If you take a disk home put it on My laptop in the morning (I run a
virus check during specials so they can use it in the school computers.)

Sincerely,
Kimberly Herbert