Re: re:"is this good enough?" for Nancy and others

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 17:40:52 PST

No we are not being too tough. I do feel we all are dealing
with students who are use to getting in all feed to them. We
are the easy class, how do you fail art? I usually respond, how
do you fail math, english, etc? Most parents respond that they
didn't study or do work needed. Hello. I usually keep a copy
of the TEXAS TEKS for art handy, and show what is needed to pass
the class. Students have to be self-motivated to want to learn.
 I usually have around 20 to 25 % failure, all do to nothing
being done. We get the same comments most of you have gotten.
 We need to come together though. I have been approached to
water down my expectations, NO WAY. Will their boss water down
his, dont think so.

Jackie Aust
Director of Visual Art (K-12)
Bryan Texas