Re: vile manners

---------

Bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 15:30:01 PST

In a message dated 11/21/02 9:56:44 AM Pacific Standard Time,
apeshette@djusd.k12.ca.us writes:

> Any men want to comment on this observation, and maybe explain it?

Never spit, not gonna try it now. I see this too and I try to say something
to the student rearding it's vugarity and rudeness as well as the health
hazzard.

Three years ago one of my students spit on the floor just outside my room as
I was walking up behind him. I had already admonished him for doing this
before so I took him to the Dean personally and I asked the dean to give him
a mop and bucket. The Dean had him clean up the entire wing the entire wing.
It took him 1 1/2 hours, 12 classrooms.

He was mad at me and couldn't understand my rath, but I said that if he
couldn't see that this was filthy, then to at least not do it in my presence.
 He complied and no one else did it again. Maybe the word was out on me,
because I don't see as much as it used to be. I will do this again if I need
to.

Ken Schwab

---