RE: vile manners

---------

From: Alix Peshette (apeshette_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 07:51:44 PST

Hi,
Interesting thread! I've been pondering the issue of spitting for a couple of years. I've even asked a few of my middle school classes, mostly boys, why they do it. They give me weird pseudo-physical answers about 'needing' to clear their throat, etc. When I point out that girls don't seem to have that need, they laugh uneasily. I suspect that it's an 'in' guy thing. Correct me if I'm way off base here, guys!

-Alix E. Peshette
Technology Coordinator
Emerson Junior High School
Davis, CA