RE: is this good enough?

---------

From: Lori Graham (graham24_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 18:35:30 PST

Christa,
At college I see the same thing. My comment as I walk by is this one: "Get
a room!" That usually stops them long enough for a giggle. After that,
they resume their previous body contortions and big time Hoover on the lips!
Nothing stops them, certainly not discretion or manners!

Anyone out there disgusted with the spitting that I see students doing?
Today as I walked through the campus, I saw major spitting going on, and it
gets worse by the day. One guy was sitting at a table outside the
cafeteria, and he actually had the most vile mess beside him from his spit.
He actually needed a spittoon! As I said, nothing stops them....not
discretion or manners, not even the spread of T.B.

Lori in San Diego

The Original Post:
Humor is always the best route with high school students. My favorite is
to make a noise over student lovers in the hallway. "NO SUCKING FACE!!!"
I'll say. "It says it right in the student manual...look, look, see 'no
sucking face'(it's penciled in mine)" Or sometimes I just get close,
pucker up and make lots of smooching sounds. It works. We all laugh and
the next time they see me coming, they suspend the hot and heavy.
Christa