Re: is this good enough?

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 15:11:46 PST

I have one at home - yes, they are really different! (Although I'd rather
live with a boy going thru puberty than a girl anyday - been there, done
that!) Seems they hit high school and see themselves as cool. I laugh every
year when one of my upper classmen remark "We were NEVER like that as
freshmen." Of course I have to assure them that they were! :-)
~Michal

> Freshmen, especially freshman boys, are reeeaaaallllly different. I've
> decided that because of the normal developmental delay of boys, they are
> operating on the level of about a 12 year old girl. Remember that the
> freshies have gone from being the BMOCs at middle school, and now
> they're the babies at HS--and often act accordingly. Also, I think they
> see all these teachers who are new to them as fresh meat, to be tested
> and scammed 'til they figure out what they can get away with.

---