Line designs

---------

From: Lindemann, Sarah (slindemann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 11:12:04 PST

I am doing a lesson with my seventh grader's that focuses on the element
of line. We use pen and ink on white Xerox paper to design a 4x4 inch
composition using textural, expressive and directional line. I have
them vary the width of line as well. Once the design is complete, I
would like them to scan it into Paint Shop pro where they will shrink
the image to 2x2. By copying and pasting, they will create a design
with multiple squares - 12x12. The idea is to use a design to create a
pattern.

I would like to tie an artist into my lesson and build up a bit more on
the content. Does anyone have a good suggestion?

Sarah Lindemann

---