Re: is this good enough?

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 07:57:39 PST

Freshmen, especially freshman boys, are reeeaaaallllly different. I've
decided that because of the normal developmental delay of boys, they are
operating on the level of about a 12 year old girl. Remember that the
freshies have gone from being the BMOCs at middle school, and now
they're the babies at HS--and often act accordingly. Also, I think they
see all these teachers who are new to them as fresh meat, to be tested
and scammed 'til they figure out what they can get away with.

And no, you're not expecting too much.

Maggie

Hawkholt@aol.com wrote:

> year. I thought middle school was hard, but I find teaching freshmen in
> high school just as frustrating. I'm having a rough go getting into the
> swing of it, I admit. Am I expecting too much? Probably.

---