Re: Grading Art

---------

From: Jeannie Hess (jean1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 07:19:07 PST

 I am looking
> for a better system for grading projects and figuring
> final grades for the elementary\\

I teach Elem art, K - 5.

I grade 3 - 5 only. I tell them half their grade is performance and half is
the project grade itself. That gives kids who are not great a chance for a
good grade because they work for it. Those kids inclined to fool around
have a reason to stay focused. As for the project grade, I always tell them
what I am looking for when I grade them -- this varies with the goal of the
lesson.

Jeannie in PA

---