Re: "is this good enough?"

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 16:52:27 PST

"is this good enough?"Patty, I have to agree. I teach K-12 so I basically
see them "growing up". I know their abilities, likes and dislikes. I am
always amazed at the product of "best effort" - the students are proud of
their accomplishements even at the high school level. Sometimes the best
comment to "is this good enough" is "How do you feel about it? Do YOU like
it?" With most of my students, if I ask them this they will hem and haw and
say "not really" if they know they haven't put forth the effort. The ones
who really do like their projects will let you know!
~Michal

<SNIP>I have no problem with "effort". I give tough problems to solve and I
don't care about any show of slick products. I care about thinking and oh
boy is that a hard one to evaluate.

Patty

---