Re: is this good enough?

---------

TEACHINGTALES_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 15:41:11 PST

In a message dated 11/19/2002 10:04:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
fieldsl@guilford.k12.nc.us writes:

> The recent posts on kids asking this question has prompted me to send you
> all a poem that was published a few years ago in the Greensboro News and
> Record(1997). I do not know the author. I include it with my list of
> expectations at the beginning of every year.

Dear Linda,

Many thanks for this wonderful poem. It expresses perfectly what I try to
explain to my teenage son. Just recently he had an assignment for his Honor's
History class. He did a terrific PowerPoint presentation but when it came to
the written assignment he did a page and a half, which met the expectations
of "anywhere from one page to three pages." I tried to tell him that it was
not his best effort but he said "It's good enough." I am printing this out
for him tonight. You have done a great service. I will forward it on to all
my teacher friends.

blessings,
Karen
Karen Chace
Professional Storyteller
Co-publisher <A HREF="http://www.workingsmarts.com/">Working smARTS - An e-Publication for Professional Children's
Artists</A>
Producer of Researching Stories on the Internet CD
LANES Board Member
Co-Chair Hospitality Committee: NSN Conference, Chicago 2003
Arts Web Researcher
"If you would thoroughly know anything, teach it to others."
                                             Tryon Edwards

---