Re: old microwave ovens

---------

Wizzlewolf_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 13:31:01 PST

In a message dated 11/19/02 4:17:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lindacharlie@wwnet.net writes:

> for my part, i'd toss them. or tear them apart and use the guts for junk
> sculptures!
>
> linda in michigan

I would be careful with this too. I used to work at a science museum and we
would use spare mechanical parts for sculpture and invention workshops.
Certain appliances are not recommended to take apart because newer appliances
have components that hold electrical charges even after being unplugged. This
is true for things like TVs or VCRs. I am not sure about a microwave. You
might want to check with an electrician before you start ripping any apart.
OUCH!
wizzle

Sheree Rensel
BFA, MFA, NBCT