on 11/20/02 12:49 AM, Ann Wilschke at firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> I have two now, I no longer plan to cook in....is there some art
> processes I should keep them for...? What about glass fusing?
first, when i took my first microwave cooking class nearly 30 yrs ago, i
learned that microwaves cause heat by vibrating molecules of water and fat.
so things with water and fat in them heat up and plastic doesn't. that
should tell us a few things.
second, i also know that you have to be very careful with old microwaves
because their seals can lose their effectiveness and leak which creates a
health and safety hazard. so you should have the seals checked before you
use them in class for sure.
lastly, a friend of mine once tried to dry out a kid's shirt that she had
washed the paint out of, and the shirt burst into flames!!
for my part, i'd toss them. or tear them apart and use the guts for junk