Re: is this good enough?

---------

From: kavita ghai (kavitaghai2002_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 10:44:02 PST

this is really good enuf...i plan to print this and stick in my notice borad
kavita
 "Fields, Linda" <fieldsl@guilford.k12.nc.us> wrote:The recent posts on kids asking this question has prompted me to send you
all a poem that was published a few years ago in the Greensboro News and
Record(1997). I do not know the author. I include it with my list of
expectations at the beginning of every year.

My child, beware of "good enough,"
It isn't made of sterling stuff;
It's something anyone can do;
It marks the many from the few.
The flaw which may escape the eye
And temporarily get by
Shall weaken underneath the strain
And wreck the ship, the car or plane.
With "good enough" the car breaks down,
And one falls short of high renown.
My child, remember and be wise,
In "good enough," disaster lies.
With "good enough," the shirkers stop
In every factory and shop;
With "good enough," the failures rest
And lose the one who gives the best.
Who stops at "good enough" shall find
Success has left them far behind.
For this is true of you and your stuff,
Only the best is "good enough."

I might add that I also tell them that if they have to ask the question,
then it probably isn't.

Best wishes to all of you for a peaceful, happy, and grateful Thanksgiving.
Linda in NC