scanning slides copyright question

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 07:08:27 PST

Does anybody know of a web site that clarifies the legallity of scanning a
collection of old art slides? Nikon's scanner with the Ice software makes
very good digital images of old faded, dusty, scratched, and discolored
slides. We want to use our art history images in Powerpoint presentations
instead of using the slide projector. We paid for all these slides once.
What is the least expensive way to use them legally in digital format for
classroom use? We will have some cost in the scanning itself.
Thanks for any leads you can give on this.
Marvin

---