is this good enough?

---------

From: Marian Colman (colmans1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 02:28:36 PST

If you have a clear explanation of your grading system on the syllabus, no
one will ever challenge you on it. If they do, you have documentation to
justfy any student's grade. My grades are compiled as follows: 30% effort
( based on attendance and productivity) 50% actual classroom projects and
20% homework and organization of sketchbook/binder. I agree, no homework,
no A. Any students who earns an A in any of my classes is exemplary in all
3 categories. This truly "separates the men from the boys". ( sorry for the
sexist comment, bu it is a good analogy)..Many of my students do good work
in class, but had a 50 average or below for homework. This will
substantiually lower the overall grade. It is black and white and no one
can argue with it. By the way, each student signs the syllabus on the first
day indicating understanding of the grading policy.
Marian

---