Starting a ceramics program

---------

From: Fran Legman (flegman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 20:57:51 PST

I am purchasing my first kiln ever. I teach K-5, (total 450 students). I
am a real ceramics novice, but plan to learn. The two kilns recommended to
me were Skutt 1027 and also a Gare kiln. Of course I need all the extras
plus clay. A place called Bennetts Pottery was recommended for great
prices. I'll have to have our buildings guys install it, but its a big
savings. I know a lot of you use kilns, please help me with ordering kiln
and supplies. Of course, principal wants to know this week......Fran in NJ

---