Re: Must See Frida

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 16:36:30 PST

> Subject: Re: Must See Frida
>
> The sad thing about being in the Mid-west. Not a lot of takers for the
> "artsy-#$%* type movie. Freida started in NYC about a week or 2 ago. I
> can't wait to see it!!!
Anyone who has ever seen anything Julie Taymor is connected with has got to
want to see this film. Unfortunately, Frieda is slow trickling into areas
outside of major cities

> Have been working like a dog! Anyone else feel they
> have worked like a crazy person these last few months??? Yikers!

Yeah, what is it this year? I can't seem to get ahead no matter how long I
work. Thanksgiving will be our first day off since Sept. 16. I think that
is too long a stretch. The kids are nuts and causing all kinds of problems.

In my grad class the other night, teachers were in tears because the stress
and tension of meeting standards and teaching to the test is so high. Few
feel the joy of teaching anymore.

Patty

---