Thanksgiving Story

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 13:48:45 PST

Happy Thanksgiving!

One day a father of a very wealthy family took his son on a
trip to the country with the firm purpose of showing his son how poor
people can be. They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what
would be considered a very poor family.

On their return from their trip, the father asked his son,
"How was the trip?" "It was great, Dad."
"Did you see how poor people can be?" the father asked.
"Oh Yeah" said the son. "So what did you
learn from the trip?" asked the father.

The son answered, "I saw that we have one dog and they had four.
We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have
a creek that has no end. We have imported lanterns in our garden and
they have the stars at night. Our patio reaches to the front yard and
they have the whole horizon. We have a small piece of land to live on
and they have fields that go beyond our sight. We have servants who
serve us, but they serve others. We buy our food, but they grow theirs.
We have walls around our property to protect us, they have friends to
protect them."

With this the boy's father was speechless. Then his son added,
"Thanks dad for showing me how poor we are."

Too many times we forget what we have and concentrate on what
we don't have. What is one person's worthless object
is another's prize possession. It is all based on one's perspective.
Makes you wonder what would happen if we all gave thanks for all the
bounty we have, instead of worrying about wanting more. Take joy in all
you have, especially your friends. Pass this message on.
                        HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE !!!!!!

                                                        Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons