went to see Frida

---------

From: Geoffrey McClain (skygeoff_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 18:01:23 PST

> Frani and I are going to see Frida tonight.
> I've been looking forward to this movie
> for a long time. If you get a chance to see
> the film please post your comments on line.

Hi Woody and other listers,
I saw Frida tonight. I really liked it. I feel like I have a much better
understanding of her life and her work now. I thought the actors did a
great job. I read a criticism that said that Salma Hayak was too agile and
flexible to portray Frida as a cripple. I agree. It was also said that the
movie didn't show her actually painting enough but I thought it did. I
loved the bright colors, the animation, puppets - all the creative touches.
It was fun seeing her paintings "come alive." I recommend it highly.
Sky

---