Re: clogged drains

---------

AnMStringe_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 15:08:31 PST

In a message dated 11/15/02 7:47:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
hillmjan@Berkeleyprep.org writes:

> Hi Friends,
> Maybe you can help me out here. I have been at my school for 11/2 yrs
> now, and the drains in my 2 sinks have been slow since I've been here.
> How often do you all have to have your drain s unclogged? What can I do
> to avoid this? I am very careful, since the drain is slow, but the
> physical plant is already unhappy with me. This has not been a problem
> at my other schools. What do you and don;t you rinse down the drain?

When my art room was built approx 5 yrs ago the drain traps ( if that is the
correct word) were installed upside down. IF they had been installed
correctly, it would be possible to take off the top and remove the gunk, old
brush handles, clay silt and other miscellaneous stuff that ends up in the
drain. So when the drains start to run slow, I borrow a plunger from the
custodians ............... after I found out that every time maintance from
the County Office came out they charged it to the school maintance account.
The Maintence Dept. solution was to send three grown men and one plunger!
Ann in Ga.

---