Re: clogged drains

---------

From: tom johnsen (koordt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 06:58:29 PST

I've had the same problem, but discovered that a lot of brushes, the
small ones, disappeared over the years--so I took the P trap off, and
lo, there they were, filtering the additional gunk, slowing the fluids,
filling the sink, exasperating the teacher--now I have a small screen to
filter the needed from the not needed, and a plumber's friend to keep
the openings open. By the way our agriculturally based community high
school has a sewer alarm located inside my kiln room. It's like general
quarters, like a klaxon, like LOUD? I will try to find a way to tell the
kids its because someone is using their cell-phone in class. Its the
cell-phone sensor.

Tom in potter, back from the hinterlands.

"Hillmer, Jan" wrote:

> Hi Friends,
> Maybe you can help me out here. I have been at my school for 11/2 yrs
> now, and the drains in my 2 sinks have been slow since I've been here.
> How often do you all have to have your drain s unclogged? What can I do
> to avoid this? I am very careful, since the drain is slow, but the
> physical plant is already unhappy with me. This has not been a problem
> at my other schools. What do you and don;t you rinse down the drain?
>
> Jan

no tools.

---