clogged drains

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 06:31:59 PST

Jan wrote,"How often do you all have to have your drain s unclogged? What
can I do
to avoid this? "

I have the same problem. I bought a $5 plunger from Lowe's that I use
periodically. Our school system will not allow maintenance to use drain
cleaners. Do your sinks have plaster traps? If not, maybe they could install
them. I make kids clean excess acrylic paint off palettes and brushes with
paper towels before washing. I do the same with clay on hands or tools. I
think they are the two biggest offenders material-wise. However, my biggest
problem is kids who think it's cute to try putting paintbrushes down the
drain.

It seems to be a never-ending battle, but my plunger and I usually win for a
while. :-) Linda in NC

---