FW: Lesson Format- Works for me

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 20:02:09 PST

    This was sent out this afternoon to the list and did not seem to make
it. Was the list down for a few hours?

Hi Donna,
    Your lesson format is excellent! To this I would add:
l. a bibliography page for the specific visual resources you use ie. titles
of books and library call number or ISBN #; Slide collection themes;
Computer image resources; Bookmark list of the great sites and tips our
friends on artsednet find and share with us!
2. an idea of the time span needed for the lesson/project, based on your
schedule of classes and age of students. If it involves a complex set of
tasks, like creating a book, how will you organize the different steps of
activity. Creating a monthly calendar chart is a big help, too. It's
amazing how fast the months go by. Keep in mind the student work you want to
collect for community exhibits and special school events and the deadlines
these things dictate.
3. under Materials, a separate category for tools and other non-consumable
resources you may need to borrow ie. overheads, TV/VCR, slide projectors.
4. a clean-up procedure and type/access of storage for ongoing work between
sessions. For many art teachers on carts in classrooms, these issues need to
be worked out in advance.

    This may sound like nitty gritty down in the trenches type of thinking,
but that is where a lot of elementary art teachers find themselves. We have
to be super organizers, often facing changes beyond our control at the last
minute. So it really helps to foresee and plan many options of the lesson
format.

                Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                Art teacher K-5(6) for 35 years, now retired

 Lesson Format I use:

Discussion/Introduction
 Objectives/Standards Based
 Production Process (if applicable)