Re: Kindergarten HELP!!!!

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 18:36:36 PST

Today my kinders did found object printing inspired by the patterns on
Navajo weavings. We used black paint on the student's choice of colored
construction paper. We discussed the concepts of pattern, symmetry, and
printing. We used cut sponges, erasers, cardboard (used the end to create
lines), marker lids, thread spools, and film containers to create the
printed shapes. It was easy to do in one (45 min.) class period, and the
students enjoyed the process. We even had time for hand washing and
closure!

Leah