Thank you for kiln recommendations and Perspective-Secondary?

---------

From: jennie schaeffer (jtschaef_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 16:30:14 PST

Hello all high school teachers,

Part of the curriculum is the dreaded perspective proficiency--one and two point.  I've been putting off and putting off this lesson. I've only taught perspective to 7th grade--seemed to go alright but they didn't love it.  I teach an art 1 class which has several mediochre and a few advanced students.  They're drawing Chinese food boxes now to learn form--they don't have the patience to look, draw the form, then work on value and shading.  They're not precise nor do show, except a few, that they'd like to. I am planning that they will learn form then use these boxes as a visual foundation or structure, research houses from other cultures, and design a new home where they would want to live, influenced by their research. But how do I teach perspective so it's interesting, so they understand?

Thanks to all of you who recommended kilns.

Jennie

Jennie T. Schaeffer
Artist and Educator

Protect your PC - Click here for McAfee.com VirusScan Online ---