reduction prints

---------

From: Marian Colman (colmans1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 02:52:53 PST

Hi,
It's nice to be getting all the messages again after another temporary
delay. Anyway, I am doing reduction prints on poplar with my HS printmaking
class. We are using oil based block printing ink because I thought the
water based ink would not layer as well. All students are using a minimum
of 4 colors, some are using more. My problem is the clean up. It takes
forever and using mineral spirits is not great for the kids or me I know.
I'm trying to ventilate well by opening windows and using a fan. I just
wondered if anyone has a suggestion for a better ink for this type of
multiple printmaking.
Thanks,
Marian

---