Re: Males in Portraits???

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 05:53:42 PST

ann, type option-u, and then the u again to get .

you can find other kinds of marks under the apple menu in Key Caps.

linda in michigan

on 11/14/02 4:46 AM, Ann Heineman at aiheineman@prodigy.net wrote:

   Gericault's mounted officer on the rearing horse ( a favorite of my
students...they thought the poor horse was going to lose its tail) ....
Durer's self portraits show him with tools of his trade. Holbein did some
portraits with interesting optical illusions (distorted skulls) in the
settings. Then there are the food portraits of Archimboldo.

                              Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
trying to figure out how to make an umlaut for Durer's "u" on my iMac.

My 6th graders are going to be studying famous portraits and painting a
self-portrait in the same style (with a little help from my digital
camera!). I can find alot of portraits of females in various styles and
poses, but I am struggling with finding males as the subject matter.
"American Gothic" and "Blue Boy" are really the only 2 unique poses I can
find - most others it is simply a traditional portrait with just a head and
torso, or it contains an entire group of people. I know I'm just brain dead,
but can anyone help me out with other male portraits? I hope I'm explaining
this correctly :-)
~Michal