Re: Line Lessons

---------

From: KPRS (KPRS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 19:37:47 PST

i just finished a successful lesson with my non art gifted kids. (I teach two gifted and talented classes). This would work as well in an art class. I had them design mazes. The objective of the maze was "transisitions", and the maze had to go from one word (with the maze traveling through the word) through a maze to another word and then out again. So, for example, a girl did the word FLORENCE in bubble letters (with a maze inside it), then the maze continued through the (shape of, including windows!!) LEANING TOWER OF PISA (which had a maze in it), and the came out through the word ROME (which had a maze in it). (her transition was a trip from Florence to Rome, via Pisa). The other requirement was that the maze had to have at least 80 deadends. We 'built' the mazes on graph paper (I even got circular graph paper for those students who wanted to do circular mazes). We then transferred the mazes onto vellum by placing the graph paper underneath, and did them in pen and ink. I xeroxed all 31 of them and made a booklet of fabulous mazes one for each student. Some other ideas: Day to night, sleepy to awake (geat coffee cup image), sunshine to stormy, sweet to sour, grapes to raisins.

San D

---