Re: Males in Portraits???

---------

From: Giovanella Pelligra (AEDinWNY_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 14:00:00 PST

http://www.artchive.com

-------Original Message-------

From: ArtsEdNet Talk
Date: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 02:32:15 PM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: Males in Portraits???

My 6th graders are going to be studying famous portraits and painting a
self-portrait in the same style (with a little help from my digital camera!)
 I can find alot of portraits of females in various styles and poses, but I
am struggling with finding males as the subject matter. "American Gothic"
and "Blue Boy" are really the only 2 unique poses I can find - most others
it is simply a traditional portrait with just a head and torso, or it
contains an entire group of people. I know I'm just brain dead, but can
anyone help me out with other male portraits? I hope I'm explaining this
correctly :-)
~Michal

IMSTP.gif