Re: Males in Portraits???

---------

From: West Friedman (FRIEDMAW_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 11:40:07 PST

Manet's "The Fifer"

>>> whest177@wheatstate.com 11/12/02 06:53PM >>>
My 6th graders are going to be studying famous portraits and painting a self-portrait in the same style (with a little help from my digital camera!). I can find alot of portraits of females in various styles and poses, but I am struggling with finding males as the subject matter. "American Gothic" and "Blue Boy" are really the only 2 unique poses I can find - most others it is simply a traditional portrait with just a head and torso, or it contains an entire group of people. I know I'm just brain dead, but can anyone help me out with other male portraits? I hope I'm explaining this correctly :-)
~Michal