Males in Portraits???

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 15:53:55 PST

My 6th graders are going to be studying famous portraits and painting a self-portrait in the same style (with a little help from my digital camera!). I can find alot of portraits of females in various styles and poses, but I am struggling with finding males as the subject matter. "American Gothic" and "Blue Boy" are really the only 2 unique poses I can find - most others it is simply a traditional portrait with just a head and torso, or it contains an entire group of people. I know I'm just brain dead, but can anyone help me out with other male portraits? I hope I'm explaining this correctly :-)
~Michal

---