Re: flipbooks - optical toys

---------

BibelotsOutpost_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 21:13:03 PST

I got out the Calder flipbooks... I recall now that I got them at
Barnes and Noble. They come up at barnesandnoble.com
with an ISBN search:
Alexander Calder: Untitled, 1942 ISBN: 1-930743-05-X
Alexander Calder: Blue Feather, 1948 ISBN: 1-930743-06-8
I think there were a few more, but I don't remember the titles.
Here is a website that does a Powers of Ten java thing... very cool:
 <A HREF="http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/">Molecular Expressions: Science, Optics and You - Powers Of 10: Interactive
Java</A>
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/
Deborah

In a message dated 11/7/2002 12:35:36 PM Central Standard Time,
aiheineman@prodigy.net writes:
> PS Deborah, I would like to know about the Calder mobile flipbooks.
>
> The company that makes these is at www.opticaltoys.com, and
>
> I also found some Calder mobile flipbooks,
> > but I don't think it's the same company... I'll check if anyone
> > wants to know)
> > Deborah

---