Re: People not understanding the stress and strains of teaching

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 02:34:37 PST

on 11/6/02 9:47 PM, Christa Wise at cwise@remc7.k12.mi.us wrote:

> ...The respect issue is that the public and
> politicians all seem to know how to teach better than we do. The is a
> general consensus that we don't know what we are doing.

christa, you are so right. i always thought it was too bad all the people
who really knew how to teach were too busy crafting legislation and writing
reports to take care of that for us. and how sick are you all of the ads for
"hooked on phonics" and other programs which enable the average parent to
teach their average 3-yr-olds to read at home in a few weeks? or the parents
who take their kids out of school to play in hockey tournaments in
neighboring states and when they come back ask if their child "missed
anything." (like, naw, we just had recess and played around while you were
gone...duh!)

hey, congratulations on your new governor!
linda in michigan

---