NEA article

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 13:09:51 PST

Hi,
Those of you who are members of NEA, in the last issue is a comment from
a classroom teacher in VA. on what should be done with spec ed
students. Her comment was that " We should limit inclusion to
academically able children and create age group classes ( for example
12-14 year olds) for children not able to keep up academically and
mainstream them into non- academic classes."
 There is a place for feedback, whatever your opinion, I hope you will
respond to this. It presuposses that no one has to think in art, in my
HO.
This is the same old mindset. Maybe if enough of us will respond, we
can open some eyes.
To respond, email NEA'S Patti Ralabate (pralabate@nea.org) or Kim
Anderson at kianderson@nea.org
Thanks,