RE: high school art history course

---------

From: Patricia Banas (pbanas_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 09:11:11 PST

Hi Anita,
Perhaps you need to consider exactly what you want to accomplish in the
class. For example, I teach a studio based 20 C Art History class.... I
cover movements and individual artists from Impressionism to Contemporary
Art..... the students create studio projects using various artists styles
and techniques...but use their own images.... It gives me quite a bit of
freedom based on the supplies and funds I have at the time....It is a nice
way to hit most media, architecture , graphic and product design...and my
favorite part is that it gives many opportunities for field trips and
activities on contemporary art including local art in our community. We also
have another teacher that teaches a non- studio based class ( similar to a
college class) from Ancient Art to Impressionism...