Re: Understanding poverty and Ruby Payne

---------

From: jtowle (thetowles_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 08:53:14 PST

I could understand why teachers from a 'wealthy' school district wouldn't
"get" the poverty mindset! It's because you aren't FROM poverty,
therefore your paradigm just doesn't comprehend it. Why would a wealthy
district have such an inservice?

I teach in an extremely poor district and it's amazes me how kids whole
view of what's important in life is so different from mine. They view
food, money, relationships in an entirely different light.

---