HS self portraits

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 07:59:48 PST

I am usually winding up a drawing unit before Christmas, so I have my
students do self portraits by looking into a silver Christmas ball ornament.
The image is, of course, distorted and includes the hand that is holding the
ornament. If a student cannot participate in something Christmas related, I
have them do the assignment by using something like a shiny pot lid. They
draw the circular shape and hanger about 12-13" in diameter before starting
the portrait. I often cut them out and use them as a bulletin board display
for the holidays. Linda in NC

---