Re: mat board scraps

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 07:56:08 PST

Susie,

They're good as cover boards for sculptural books. Pen and ink and oil
pastels look good on the lighter colors. An idea I copped from Bunki is
to use them as looms, using yarn colors compatible with the matboard,
and allowing some of the board to peek through between the weft. Leave
the weaving on the loom as a sort of sculptural piece.

Maggie

Artgirl109@aol.com wrote:

> Dear Friends,
> I just picked up a huge load of mat board scraps of all sizes and colors. It
> took 6 kids to unload my van! Do any of you have a good project to do with
> them at the high school level.

---