Re: Need info about artist

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (mtucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 04:48:12 PST

At 08:46 PM 11/5/02 -0600, you wrote:
>The Houston Holocaust Museum had an installation this summer that
>involved stones with I think names of victims on themI I have biographies
of different people
>(downloaded from the Holocaust Museum). I was thinking that we could
>make papier-mâché rocks with symbols of the different people’s lives.

If you're interested in a simpler approach. . .and have access to small
river rock: I saw some stunning paper weights made of three inch round
rock by a paper artist. She decoupaged small pieces of hand-made papers,
including symbols and letters on a scrubbed, bleached river rock and then
varnished them. I can't post what they look like, but they were so
beautiful that her potential customers picked them up almost reverentially
and oohed and ahhed.
Maggie Tucker

mtucker@nashville.com

---