Re: cultural capital has no art

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 20:00:16 PST

In a message dated 11/05/2002 10:47:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sue_cosgrove@hotmail.com writes:

> I live in Fort Worth Texas, home of the Kimball, Amon Carter and Modern
> Museums. A city which bills itsself as the "Cultural Capitol of the
> Southwest" is doing away with its elementary art program. Has anyone else
> had to work to save their program> Any suggwhat we can do?

Write to our wonderful Texas president- remember, the one who has
edjookayshun as a priority! (Ya, right.) Before he was elected wasn't he
pledging to make Texas schools the role model for our nation? On this
election night lets remember this when the day comes that he's up for
re-election.
Susan on Long Island

---