Need info about artist

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 18:46:46 PST

The Houston Holocaust Museum had an installation this summer that
involved stones with I think names of victims on them. Does this ring a
bell with anyone? I am finishing The Devil’s Arithmetic with my class
and as a concluding activity I want to do something that commemorates
the victims of the Holocaust. I have biographies of different people
(downloaded from the Holocaust Museum). I was thinking that we could
make papier-mâché rocks with symbols of the different people’s lives.
Then we would go to other classrooms and present information about the
Holocaust to them using the “stones” as a visual. That my students
understand what the Holocaust is and that they make some type of
connections with the real people that died is important to me. More that
a test that shows they remember details of the story.

Sincerely,
Kimberly Herbert

---