Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Pet Peeve

Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 17:33:47 PST

In a message dated 11/5/02 7:47:01 PM Eastern Standard Time, writes:

> My biggest pet peeve is the infamous line
> "I wish I could have 3 months off every summer". Since when are summers 3
> months long anymore? Or all those hours I spend preparing for another
> year? Or working in my classroom? Or taking summer classes so I can renew
> teaching license?

Your pet peeve is so true. After someone says that to me, I reply "You can
afford three months of no pay? WOW!".
You are also right about the every increasing shortening of the summer.
Lately, it seems like we have to go to some kind of training for the last
school year which is quickly followed by more training for a new school year.
So much for "vacation"! Whoopee!!! LOL LOL

Sheree Rensel
<A HREF="">Sheree Rensel - Artist</A>
<A HREF="">Electronic Teaching Portfolio</A>