Re: People not understanding the stress and strains of teaching

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 16:49:23 PST

I agree - respect is a two way street, but sometimes it seems we ended up on
the one-way streets by accident. My biggest pet peeve is the infamous line
"I wish I could have 3 months off every summer". Since when are summers 3
months long anymore? Or all those hours I spend preparing for another school
year? Or working in my classroom? Or taking summer classes so I can renew my
teaching license? But I love my job (well, most days anyway!) and the kids
(well, most of them anyways!) and I'm happy! :-)
~Michal

> I do respect the rest of the working world. I just wish they would respect
me
> a little bit more. If I hear one more person say, you are so lucky to get
off
> at three o'clock, I will scream.

---