RE: artsednet digest: November 03, 2002

---------

From: LeAnn Escoffre (lescoffre_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 16:26:45 PST

I teach a Sat clay class in addition to teaching at a public school. I do
the basic pinch pot and coil pot. I then move on to clay birdhouses. The
kids love clay chamelions with the spiral rolled up tail. We also do story
tellers but I change it to figure with small animals. (Sometimes kids don't
want to make the children). Small boxes. Windchimes with the figures cut out
using cookie cutters. I want to try rainsticks but haven't had a chance yet.
I also let the kids experience the wheel one day. Oh yeah face pots. It is
basically a pot but I have them add a face and hair etc. (Teacups but they
need to be decorated. Turn it into a cat, a turtle, an elephant, flowers
with vines). We make clay tiles. Texture boxes, and clay animals. Hope this
helps some. (heehee got a little carried away.)
LeAnn