Re: Elementary Painting

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 16:38:14 PST

I am doing a painting with my 4th grade right now that is really turning out
well. The plus about it is you use that old gunky tempera (yellow
especially). They are making vases of sunflower in the style of VanGogh -
thick paint and all. You mix cornstarch into the tempera and mix until
creamy. They paint it on without spreading it out much. I have given them
brown, yellow, orange, and blue and they are required to paint everything so
that nothing disappears into anything else, so they have to color mix. They
are turning out awesome, and even tho the paint cracks it doesn't distract
from the technique or the results. I'll post pictures when they're finished
(Thursday)!
~Michal

---