RE: Elementary Painting

---------

From: Alix E. Peshette (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 06:19:04 PST

Hi,
How about attacking painting in a series of sessions? The sky issue could
be handled by sponge painting an entire sheet of paper in one session.
Think blue and white for sunny days, grey, black, white for stormy days etc.
Just call it the "sky painting" activity. On another day, have the kids do
the background images, using some alternative 'paintbrush' material like
Q-tips or cosmetic sponge wedges. This session could be about trees or
mountains. Then, the next or last session could be about middle ground,
foreground, shapes and lines. Now kids could paint with real brushes.

Just a thought!

Alix Peshette
Traditional art teacher: 26 years,
Digital art teacher: 2 years!