Re: behavior problems/freshman boys

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 06:16:35 PST

Leaves
Have you been peeking in my windows? My "B" day classes are just like this.
I keep waiting for that magical day when they hit that invisible maturity
mark and realize they're almost Sophomores! I HATE the anime character
drawings, along with the "death" drawings, fangs, blood, gore, etc. IF there
was abit more creativity involved it wouldn't be so bad. I gave a test
Friday over the vocabulary and methods we have been studying and one of the
questions was "Name 2 facts discussed in class over the holiday "Day of the
Dead". We had just made small clay skeletons, discussed the holiday, etc
etc. so that one should have been easy. One student suddenly hollored out
"Hey, this isn't fair! You're just trying to see if we pay attention in
class!" I actually burst out laughing and simply said "Yes, I am". Hang in
there, they'll grow up someday! Unfortunately, my other class is my
"downslip" class. Half my class is failing 5 or more classes, so there are
completely different challenges there. :-(
~Michal

does anyone else have freshman boys?
i have 18 of the most immature ones i have ever had in the same class. one
kid today, after constant reminders, call home, referral to office, etc.
still talked 40 min. of a 45 min. period. then they are shocked when they
earn a low grade! i am at my wits end and refuse to make another seating
chart. for pete's sake! they are taller than i am and this is high school.
they need to learn

---