Re: behavior problems/freshman boys

---------

From: Ann Carolan (acarolan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 05:14:18 PST

jWow, and I thought I had it bad. Well if the school and the kids don't
care why do you? It never pays to care more than they do in this business.
It may sound callous but why should we torture ourselves. I say go with
the flow. Find out what they want to do and have them participate in the
decision making about the projects. Show them how to grid and blow up
their stupid animes, make large size murals ala Lichtenstein; at least
they'll be learning how to do an art process and something about modern
art. You could take them and make murals in the halls with them, make
sculptures of their characters, whatever. We shall overcome!

acarolan@inland.k12.mi.us

---